Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Getting Through


Most mornings are characterized by me feeling my phone vibrate and me thinking, “shoot dog this is early”. Recently, I have been waking up an hour earlier in order to get in a 30-45 minute workout in before work. I have a new rhythm I am trying to make a habit, and I am liking it. For the past 3 months I have been getting up for work, going to the gym and then rushing home to make dinner, shower, read and relax all before 10pm. It was getting to be too much. I noticed I was rushing through things in order to do just that-To just get through. Since my new regimen of waking at 5am, I am liking my days a bit more. When the work day is over, I can drive home right away. There is no need to change in the bathroom at work, sit in more traffic and then be rushing to get home. I am liking it all, but I notice I am *still* trying to get through.  Today for some reason , I could NOT get out of bed. I went to bed on time and fell asleep right away, but I hit snooze 2x and slept in the extra hour I used to (6:30am). I have been realizing for quite some time something about myself and that is that I am always trying to get through.

Going to work hoping the day will pass quickly for it to be 5pm so I can be home.

Waiting for lunch time to roll around so then more than ½ the work day is over.

Working out just to finish the run and be done.

Cooking just to eat and then want to make something for my next meal.

Liking Los Angeles, but desiring Denver and telling myself to ge through it here so I can go back.

The list could seriously go on. I feel as if I am always comforting myself by telling myself, “when this is over”, or “you’re almost done”, or “just get through it for now”, or “it wont last forever”

I am well. I am happy. I am not just pushing through because it is so horrible that I am forcing myself, but I still am doing that. I am always wanting the next thing and wanting the old to be over. I am praying for a heart of contentment and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment