Sunday, November 4, 2012

Crunchy Goodness

Today felt nice and long. Honestly, it felt like my morning was dragging on for days, but I decided to enjoy the extra hour I was given.

I went to coffee with a friend, church, an info meeting, lunch and then served at church. I got home, and it was only 7. Yippee!! After cruising facebook (which i hate), I decided to make a yummy go-to breakfast for the upcoming week. Granola. I followed this recipe, but adapted and changed it to suit my chocolatey cravings. I literally made it up, and it is so yummy! 




Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Granola

2 Cups Rolled Oats
1/2 Cup Unsweetened Coconut
2 T. Coconut Sugar (Alternatively, you could use table sugar)
1/4 t. mediterranean sea salt
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. chia seeds
pinch of pumpkin pie spice
4 T. Coconut Oil
3 T. Organic Cocoa Powder
2 T. Organic Pumpkin Puree
1 T. Agave/Maple Syrup/Honey ( I used agave)

Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees. Combine oats, coconut, coconut sugar, sea salt, cinnamon, chia seeds and pumpkin pie spice. In a separate bowl, combine coconut oil, cocoa powder, pumpkin puree and agave. Mix until the pumpkin puree is blended into chocolate sauce and becomes creamy. Add liquid mixture to oat mixture. Coat oats well with sauce. Spread over cookie sheet and cook for 30 minutes in 10 minute increments. At the end of the 30 minutes, it should be crunchy and warm. enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment