Friday, December 28, 2012

Chasing The Light

We run towards what is enticing. Whether it be a new city, a job, or a relationship, we run towards that which is alluring. Allure is better and seductress all in one. Somewhere along the way, we got the idea that all things are made new after 365 days. Western society makes us believe that a new year will bring change and new opportunities. It usually does, but it is not because the year changed to a new number. Change is inevitable and happens as time marches on. As time marches on, so do circumstances and our perception of things. Things that used to be a big deal to us, no longer are, and things that used to have no value to us, suddenly mean the world. 

My senior year of college, my favorite professor told me these wise words. "You have to rhythmically reflect the person you want to become, who you want to be will not just happen. Your life is and will be set up with what you fill it with on a daily basis." Aside from 2012 being probably the best year I have lived, I still have things I want to enjoy and would like to practice more often. I want to become a better writer. I want to start my food blog I have been dreaming of for quite some time now. I want to discipline myself to intentionally seek out people I want to get to know better. Lastly, I want to be a student of the Word. I hope I can reflect back on 2013 and more fully understand myself, the people around me, and what it looks like to live a life on-mission for the glory of Jesus. 


San Francisco, CA - Chelsea, Pierce and I the day before my Unum Interview (January 2012)

Boston, MA- The trip that rocked my world upside-down (May 2012)

Vail, CO- Driving through the rockies on my way home to LA (June 2012)


Boston, MA - Prayer Tour #2 ( Sept 2012)

Whether or not I will look back on 2013 with a smile on my face, or tears in my eyes, I choose to let things continue to be born inside of me. Things like trips to places you dream of only to find out it is not where you belong. Things like mourning over the loss of something beautiful and good. Things like meeting new and different people to challenge, shape and grow you into something more than you could have imagined. I want to chase that kind of light, the true light that leads and guides and directs our steps even when we have our own plans. I pray--you and I--chase The Light. So much fruitfulness is found there. 


No comments:

Post a Comment